Thursday, March 24, 2011

Midterm and "The Friar Who Grew Peas"

So, for the second year in a row...I cut my finger during MCAS. Next year I am wearing work gloves when handing out the booklets.

A couple of updates:

I have received word from Carolina Biological that some of our supplies are on their way. WOO HOO!

There will be a midterm on Wednesday. It will be on EVERYTHING we have done so far this year. Kids can study by looking through chapter one of "From Bacteria to Plants" online, as well as chapters one and two of the current book.

I have also posted another "Donors Choose" project, looking for more books to read to the kids! It is a smaller project, and if you haven't "Bing-ed" yet, you are still eligible for the $3. It won't be active on the site for another day or so though.

Why am I looking for books? Because I like to read to the kids to illustrate concepts. On Friday (tomorrow? already?) I will be reading the following book:

It is a great picture book, all about Gregor Mendel, and how he came to be the father of genetics. Such a SAD story though...make sure you ask your kids why it is a little sad on Friday night!!

One round of MCAS down, just Math in May to go! Hopefully I will make it through THAT ONE unscathed...but I am a little clumsy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before being released for posting.