Thursday, April 7, 2011

Knight of Excellence!

Tonight is the Knight of Excellence!!

This evening, I would love for everybody to stop by room 124 and see what we have been up to this year!! I did my best with setting up.  Quite honestly, I ran out of time!  I would love to hang up each and every piece of beautiful work we made this year, but the fire department frowns on that.  Actually they have a definite rule.  No more than 25% of our wall can be covered with paper.

We all know, I honor and respect the fire department...not only did I have the house fire, but my dad is a fire chief. How's that for irony?

Anyways, swing on down and see what we have been up to. I know that according to "ratemyteacher" I am a horrible, attitude-ful person (really, really upset me to read the reviews) BUT I think that 90% of my students will say I am actually a pretty good teacher. I guess it's all in a kid's perception.

For Example: Some boy at Cumby's pointed out of the window at me sitting in the car and said "I hate that woman, she's mean." My husband was in Cumby's and said "That's my wife, and you are being disrespectful." So, when he tells me a "student" of mine said this I informed him that I had never seen that boy before in my life. Maybe I had once yelled at him for running through the hallways...so apparently I am mean now. I am trying not to take it to heart.

THANK YOU TO Mrs. Lim for providing us with a classroom blender. I am SO very excited, and I can't wait to do our DNA extractions this year. I promise you, the kids think that it is really cool to do something that "real" scientists do on a regular basis.

SO....drumroll please....our plants are growing! I am not planting any other seeds with the kids until after April vacation. Quite frankly, I am going to see my mom and I haven't figured out how I'm going to care for the tomato and soybean plants...anybody want to plant sit??

I think I am going to just make a faux greenhouse with the clear trash bags Mr. Homer has.

Ok, here's the REAL drumroll....

All our little soybeans in a row:


Katie E's Beautiful soybean plant

Emily A's beautiful tomato trio. I must tell you, that she cares so much about her plants that she wanted to come visit them during activity hour...and it shows!! She must have a green thumb because she is the only student with 3 germinated seeds!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before being released for posting.